EBERS Medical Technology is a biotechnology company focused on the design, fabrication and commercialization of advanced scientific instrumentation for cell culture. The company was created in 2009 as a spin-off of the research group of the University of Zaragoza. Since its inception, EBERS has been awarded with several national and international contests, including the Iberoamerican Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Everis Entrepreneurs Award, Emprendedor XXI, Bancaja Young Entrepreneurs and IDEA Award.
The company counts on a team of highly qualified professionals, most of them with Master’s or PhD degree. EBERS collaborates with a number of national and international research institutions, usually within the framework of R&D government-funded projects.
The main lines of activity of the company within the field of cell culture are the development of 3D cell culture bioreactors and culture chambers based on microfluidic technology. EBERS is in both cases a technology pioneer and commercializes its products in the main international markets through a network of specialized distributors.
EBERS catalogue includes two lines of products:
- 3D cell culture bioreactors
- Mechanical stimulation bioreactors: tendon, ligament, cartilage, skin, intervertebral disc, etc.
- Flow bioreactors: bone, blood vessels, esophagus, trachea, large organs, de- and re-cellularization, cell seeding, etc.
- Microfluidic devices for cell culture
- Parallel plate flow chambers
- Stable gradient chambers
- Organotypic chambers based on porous membranes
The core business of EBERS is the design, fabrication and commercialization of automated systems for cell and tissue culture, including bioreactors, cell culture stations, incubators and chambers. EBERS has experience in all the technological and biological areas involved in the design of its cell culture equipment, which can be summarized as follows:
- Automated control of the atmospheric environment: temperature, CO2, O2, pH.
- Precise regulation of flow, covering the whole range of flow rates typically required in cell culture experiments (from a few microliters/minute up to liters/min) with different pumping technologies: peristaltic, membrane, syringe and other types of micro-pumps.
- Design of cell culture vessels in plastic, glass and metals, based on diverse manufacturing methods: machining, injection molding, additive manufacturing and sheet metal transformation.
- Cell culture methods and protocols, with a particular emphasis on 3D applications: cartilage, bone and vascular tissue engineering, cell seeding, cell differentiation...
- Development of microfluidic systems in polymers, mostly in the areas of design and modelling, manufacturing (precision machining, photolithography and injection molding) and biological validation.
EBERS Medical Technology S.L..
Av. de Madrid 117 5A
E-50010, Zaragoza, Spain
Phone: +34 876 013 826
Fax: +34 876 013 826